Plans for two major projects at the Baguio athletic bowl are expected to be finalized at the end of this week, a confident city administrator Bonifacio Dela Peña said Monday.
Dela Peña said that the city’s designs and that of the Department of Public Works and Highways are being reconciled and a final plan will be released by Friday.
The DPWH will partly finance the P502 million combined costs of the Youth Convergence and Sports Complex and the four story parking and VIP lounge. He said that part of the funding came from the P140 million counterpart from Senate President Tito Sotto, a former national athlete for bowling.
With the plans in place, the administrator said that bidding for the two projects can be done by March and not this month as he earlier said.
“By mid-March we will be having the bidding,” he told the RNG Luzon during an interview Monday.
Dela Peña said that the DPWH has looked into the budget of the sports complex which was earlier pegged at P434 million, but then revisions in the design brought it down by P392 million or a P42 million reduction which will not affect the over-all design.
That and the P110 million parking lot and VIP lounge will be constructed at the same time.
The projects were supposed to be implemented as early as March last year but then it was moved to a later date when the city was placed in total lockdown.
All constructions resumed only in October of last year after the city was downgraded to modified general modified community quarantine but they could not proceed with the work because of the shortage of funding.
Meanwhile, he said works for the expansion of the big grandstand is going on smoothly. “Tuloy tuloy na ang trabaho (work will be non-stop), he said.
The work by Vision 3000 will see shower rooms, athletes lounge, workout station and even offices at the 50 meter extension of the grandstand that will see its capacity increase by nearly 500 seats, added Dela Peña.
Four light towers will be erected to allow trainings even at nights.