BREAKING NEWS!

Restrictions up again in BLISTT

BLISTT EFFORTS. The six mayors of the Baguio-La Trinidad-Itogon-Sablan-Tuba-Tublay agreed to restrict entry to and between their respective territories for two weeks from Jan. 10 until Jan. 24 in an effort to stop spread of the coronavirus disease (Covid-19). Here, BLISTT mayors including La Trinidad’s Romeo Salda (right), Baguio’s Benjamin Magalong (4th left) and Tuba’s Clarita Sal-ongan during a meeting at the Baguio City multi-purpose hall in July last year. PIO Baguio photo

The mayors of the Baguio -La Trinidad-Itogon-Sablan-Tuba-Tublay (BLISTT) area agreed today, January 7, to restrict the entry to and between their respective territories for two weeks starting Sunday, January 10.

The six local chief executives in a signed joint advisory expressed their recognition on the need to continue the efforts in mitigating the spread of the coronavirus disease (Covid-19).

The new temporary restrictions, the six mayors said, will address the high daily attack rate of the virus in the six local government units. They noted that this will also to earn ample time to manage their limited health resources.

They further advised their constituents to bring with them their valid government IDs as proof of residence and health declaration forms, which will be required at the border checkpoints.

Health workers, uniformed personnel, members of the city/provincial/municipal contact tracing teams and the Covid-19 Task Force as well as the personnel in LGU and agency offices will still be exempted from the requirements.

Also exempted are cargo and logistics services and service providers for water, electricity and telecommunications, as well as ICT and waste management utilities shall continue to be given unhampered passage through the checkpoints.

Non-resident travelers coming to the LISTT areas from other regions and provinces must present their Travel Authority and Permits. For those coming to Baguio, the processes provided by https://hdf.baguio.gov.ph for non-tourists and https://vista.baguio.gov.ph shall apply.

The chief executives are urging their constituents to continue to limit their movements and activities and prioritize health and safety of everyone especially the senior citizens, children and immunocompromised constituents.

“Once again, we are imploring for patience and understanding as we continue our battle with Covid 19 and work to increase our testing and contact tracing activities, bearing in mind that with unity and cooperation, we shall be healthier and safer in 2021,” the officials said.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE NOW

COMMENTS

Write a Reply or Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


TAGS

The latest news from luzon. Timely. Accurate. Fair.

A Daily Dose of Gratitude

By: Melan Ku Marquez Easier said than done, we often hear motivational speakers talk about GRATITUDE and religious  people preached about being grateful every day but the word, GRATITUDE is

The Elusive Elections

The last Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Elections (BSKE) was held in 2018 after two previous postponements. The next BSKE should have been held in year 2020, however it was again